The activities are far too many to mention in this space, but here are just a few examples:
- American Legion Riders chapters and districts, nationally have become some of the most generous donors for the American Legacy Scholarship Fund, raising as much as $5,000 or more in a single event.
- Legion Riders participate in the annual POW/MIA Rally held each Memorial weekend in Washington D.C. known as "Rolling Thunder".
- Legion Riders sponsor or participate in local and national charity events in support of the sponsoring American Legion Post.
- Legion Riders ride to raise money for such organizations as local VA Hospitals, Battered Women and Children's Centers, Varied Children and Youth Programs, a School for Blind Children, Veterans Relief, Needy Families and many, many others.
- Legion Riders founded a national movement called “Patriot Guard” (www.patriotguard.org) that honors and protects the sanctity of military funerals and memorial services.
- Legion Riders have formed special motorcycle Honor Guards and ceremonial teams highlighting the special bonds formed in military service and the motorcycling community.
- Legion Riders have also begun to teach motorcycle and driver safety in the community and in schools in co-operation with ABATE and other national motorcycling organizations.